My Vodafone Email is a web-based email service available free of charge, to all registered Vodafone Web Portal users. My Vodafone Email is only available for registered My Vodafone users with this Web Portal and requires the setting of a password. This password is specific for accessing Vodafone Email other than through this Portal, namely through WAP or the email clients found on your PC, Laptop, PDA or mobile phone.
Your email address will be your firstname.lastname@example.org (wherein username is the My Vodafone login username). Should you wish to change the username in your email address, and therefore, the My Vodafone username, you are kindly requested to inform us in writing at email@example.com . Your My Vodafone account will be deleted and all related information, content associated with or present in your account will be erased completely. The new username will be issued as long as it is not already in use by another user. If in use by another user, you will be contacted and asked to submit another user name for the creation of your new My Vodafone account. Upon confirmation of a new username, you will be asked to register to My Vodafone afresh with your new username and password.
If you apply for the My Vodafone Email service, Vodafone shall provide you with one email account, your unique email address and one allocation of 8 megabytes of disk space ("mail space allocation") for the storage of email messages, free of charge. You may incur charges depending on the connection you use to access your Email. You are therefore advised to check the charges for the connecting media such as CSD or GPRS. If you choose to GPRS as your connection means you will not be charged at the moment, however this is subject to change in the future. If you access your Email account by setting up a CSD (GSM) data call or use WAP over CSD you would be charged on a per-second basis depending on the Vodafone price plan you are currently subscribed to.
3.0 Access to My Vodafone Email other than through the Web Portal
You may concurrently perform simultaneous access using the same type of login (that is, My Vodafone username and Email account password) from either one of the these locations at the following conditions;
- 3.1 Vodafone Mail - accessing My Vodafone Email via Vodafone Mail is subject to having the Vodafone Mail service activated on your Vodafone network subscription. Vodafone Mail is a free account service for all Vodafone customers and is available by contacting Customer Care on 247 from your Vodafone. Kindly click here for further service details.
- 3.2 Vodafone Mobile Connect Card - accessing My Vodafone Email via the PC, Laptop or PDA is subject to owning a Vodafone Mobile Connect Card. Click here for further sales details.
- 3.3 Vodafone WAP interface - the functionality of the Vodafone Mail WAP interface service is subject to the availability of WAP protocol standards and Vodafone network settings installed on your mobile phone. WAP protocol standards permit you to browse text only. When using the My Vodafone Email WAP interface service, you will be unable to download executable files, view attachments, graphics or link onto Internet sites.
You will be provided with 8 megabytes of disk space ("mail space allocation") for the storage of email messages. You are responsible for ensuring that you do not exceed the mail space allocation, otherwise you cannot be guaranteed receipt of e-mail messages. No additional e-mail messages can be deposited in your my Vodafone Email account until you create sufficient space by deleting stored messages. Vodafone is not responsible or liable for the deletion or failure to store messages or other information. For technical reasons, you may not be able to send or access all e-mails from time to time.
5.0 Proper Use
- 5.1 You shall not (or authorize or permit any other party to) use the My Vodafone Email to receive or transmit material which is in violation of any law or regulation, which is obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, in breach of confidence, harmful to minors, in breach of any intellectual property right (including copyright), or otherwise unlawful;
- 5.2 Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters, "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose;
- 5.3 You shall not knowingly or recklessly transmit any electronic material (including viruses) through My Vodafone Email which shall cause or is likely to cause detriment or harm, in any degree, to computer systems owned by Vodafone or other Internet users;
- 5.4 Your account is to be used by a single user only. You are responsible to keep your My Vodafone Email account, the content contained within it and your password, safe from public knowledge. If any other unauthorized user knows the password you will inform Vodafone immediately. Vodafone cannot be held responsible for any third party probing of the content within your Email account or improper screening of your password or access session.
Back to Top
- 6.1 You agree that Vodafone may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your My Vodafone Email account, any associated email address, and access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the service obligations as described in section 5.0 or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law or government enforcement, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to the Service (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, and (f) extended periods of inactivity.
- 6.2 Termination of your My Vodafone Email account includes (a) removal of access to this service, (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof). Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made at Vodafone's sole discretion and that Vodafone shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your account, any associated email address, or access to this service.